Pay Grade: DOE
Under the direction of the CNO, this position requires the ability to perform secretarial duties and to record medical and administrative information in accordance with established charting and documenting policies and procedures. The Unit Clerk has no supervising responsibility.
- Receive all incoming calls at the nurse’s station; deliver messages to nursing staff, patients and/or families, residents, etc., as necessary.
- Answer patient and resident call lights and give pertinent information to nursing staff.
- Record all entries on flow sheets, notes, charts, etc., in an informative and descriptive manner.
- Report all accidents and incidents you observe on the shift that they occur to the RN.
- Report all changes in the resident’s condition to the Registered Nurse as soon as practical.
- Inventory patient and resident’s (EHR) Electronic Health Record daily and place appropriate paperwork (i.e. Nurse’s notes, physician’s notes, medication sheets, etc.) in Electronic charts as needed.
- Place laboratory and radiology results in proper patient and resident’s electronic charts.
- Maintain the Daily Census Report and pertinent logs kept at the nurse’s station.
- Collects data for incoming patients with admissions within EHR and Insurance information.
- Process Pre-authorization required as needed. Example: CT scan, Physical Therapy.
- Process and complete patient referrals to internal and external facilities.
- Admit, transfer and discharge patients and residents via the EHR. Ensure timely input of data.
- Forward new and/or changed diet orders to the Dietary department.
- Assist in arranging for and making appointments for diagnostic and therapeutic services.
- Make residents appointments and keep nursing staff informed of resident’s appointments.
- Record appropriate patient or resident information on designated EHR, wristbands, etc.
- Monitor the ER entrance while working at the nursing station.
- Greet and direct visitors to patient rooms in a professional manner, office areas, etc., as necessary after they have signed into the visitor log.
• Make up ER packets, Acute Care packets, Outpatient Treatment packets as needed.
- Keep Nurses Station stocked with office supplies, chart forms, etc.
- Arrange follow-up appointments for discharged patients.
- Make appropriate copies of paperwork for the Primary Care Provider for patients who are transferred.
- Prepares paperwork for medevac personnel maintains copies for CCMC of the transfer form or other needed paperwork.
- Make copy of the transfer form for when a patient is transferred outside of CCMC and provides this copy for Director of Nursing.
- Reviews paperwork to ensure completeness.
- Assist Director of Nursing with Administrative duties as directed.
- Is expected to respond to the hospital, if requested, to assist in the event of an emergency or if the hospital activates its emergency management plan.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED certification.
Minimum, one (1) year office experience and knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Must have an upbeat personality, get along with co-workers, and be a team player with keeping our patients always as first priority. Must be able to multi-task. Must be self-motivated, have excellent Communication and organizational skills and be able to operate multi-line phone lines. Knowledge of computers programs to include Word, Excel, Internet, etc., is a must. Ability to use office machines such as fax machines, printers, etc.
Upon date of Hire:
- Current Negative TB Test
- Ability to Pass a DHSS Criminal History Check and Drug Test
- Must be current in all immunizations
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CCMC shall seek to insure and provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.
Ready to be a part of a great team?
A career at Cordova Community Medical Center (CCMC) may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
CCMC employees benefit package includes the Alaska Public Employee Retirement System (PERS), Annual and Sick leave accrual, Group Health Insurance, Life Insurance and nine paid holidays.