Job Title: Patient Observer
Supervisor: Chief Nursing Officer
Pay Grade: $17.70 – $21.50 per hour
Under the direction of the CNO, this position requires the ability to have patience and companionship. The position under direct supervision, ensures patient safety under Cordova Community Medical Center (CCMC) care through observation. May assist a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) with patient activities of daily living. The Patient Companion has no supervising responsibility.
- Report all changes in the resident’s condition to the Charge/Staff Nurse as soon as practical.
- Assist in arranging for and making appointments for diagnostic and therapeutic services.
- Make residents appointments and keep nursing staff informed of resident’s appointments.
- Greet and escort residents to their room.
- Introduce residents to his/her roommate, if any, and other resident and personnel as appropriate.
- Make the resident comfortable. (i.e., put to bed, get water, etc.).
- Inventory and mark the long term care resident’s personal possessions. Store the resident’s clothing.
- Assist residents with packing their personal possessions when they are being transferred to a new room, or when being discharged.
- Report all complaints and grievances made by the resident
- Make beds (unoccupied only).
- Check rooms for food articles (i.e. food in proper container, unauthorized food items, etc.). .
- Is expected to respond to the hospital, if requested, to assist in the event of an emergency or if the hospital activates its emergency management plan.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Must have an upbeat personality, get along with co-workers, and be a team player with keeping our patients always as first priority. Must be self-motivated, have excellent communication and organizational skills and be able to operate multi-line phone lines.
Upon date of Hire:
- Current Negative TB Test
- Ability to Pass a DHSS Criminal History Check and Drug Test
- Must be current in all immunizations
- Annual influenza immunization required
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CCMC shall seek to insure and provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.
Ready to be a part of a great team?
A career at Cordova Community Medical Center (CCMC) may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
CCMC employees benefit package includes the Alaska Public Employee Retirement System (PERS), Annual and Sick leave accrual, Group Health Insurance, Life Insurance and nine paid holidays.