Job Title: CNA
Supervisor: Director of Nursing
Pay Grade: DOE
Department/Division: Long Term Care
The primary purpose of this position is to provide the Clinic patients with routine nursing care in accordance with our established clinic practices, and as may be directed by the Clinic nurse, provider, and your supervisor. This position also requires the ability to greet and register new patients, perform data entry of patient information including form of payment, and provide phone coverage. This role has no supervisory responsibility.
- Assist incoming patients with admissions paperwork and Insurance information. Make copy of insurance cards and update insurance information.
- Receive incoming calls and direct to appropriate department. Take messages or page people at appropriate times.
- Verify Insurance coverage prior to appointment.
- Create demographics, request patient charts from Medical Records.
- Return completed patient chart to Medical Records.
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Assist in arranging for and making appointments for diagnostic and Rehab services.
- Call and remind patients about their appointments.
- Make follow up calls to patients about their visit and schedule follow up appointments.
- Maintain accurate cash drawer.
- Accurately file incoming paperwork.
- Record all entries on charts in an informative and descriptive manner.
- Collect co-pays and collect payment from private pay patients.
PERSONAL NURSING CARE FUNCTIONS
- Collect specimens as instructed (i.e., urine, sputum, stools, etc.), fill out correct paperwork, and label specimens correctly.
- Once checked off by nurse may do urine dips, urine pregnancy, rapid strep, finger stick glucose, and EKGs.
- Assists clinic patients who might need help getting to exam rooms and/or on to the exam tables.
- Provide eye care (i.e., cleaning eye glasses/hearing aides, etc.) and do vision acuity testing.
- Measure and record temperatures, pulse, blood pressure, and respiration (TPR’s), as instructed.
- Weigh and measure clinic patients as instructed and document correctly in chart.
- Assist with the application of slings, elastic bandages, binders, etc.
EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLY FUNCTIONS
- Restock all exam rooms and clinic storage areas.
- Clean wheelchairs weekly.
- Wipe down exam rooms, tables, counters, etc when indicated.
The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of essential functions for the job described, but rather a general description of some of the responsibilities necessary to carry out the duties of this position.
Must be at least 18 years of age and possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or GED certification.
Must be a graduate of an approved Nurse Aide Training Program or an approved Medical Assistant Program. Want a minimum, one (1) year office/secretary experience.
Must be proficient in computer use and able to use Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Outlook calendaring tool. Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, patients, family members, visitors, government agencies, and the general public. Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm and be willing to handle patients of every maturity level. Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and to incorporate them into existing nursing practices. Must possess BLS certification, valid AK C.N.A. Certification or valid AK Medical Assistant Certification. Must be able to read and write English well. Must be able to lift at least 20-25 lbs. Ability to type 35 wpm, file accurately, and operate multi-line phones.
Upon date of Hire:
- Current Negative TB Test
- Ability to Pass a DHSS Criminal History Check and Drug Test
- Must be current in all immunizations
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CCMC shall seek to insure and provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.
Ready to be a part of a great team?
A career at Cordova Community Medical Center (CCMC) may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
CCMC employees benefit package includes the Alaska Public Employee Retirement System (PERS), Annual and Sick leave accrual, Group Health Insurance, Life Insurance and nine paid holidays.