Job Title: Staff Accountant
Status: Part or Full Time
Supervisor: Director of Finance
Pay Grade: DOE
Department/Division: Finance Department
Under the direction of the Director of Finance, this position requires the ability to perform various accounting functions such as bank and general ledger account reconciliations, assist in preparing for financial audits, and assist with grant reporting. This position has no supervisory responsibility.
- Able to work effectively with Medical Staff, Department Managers and fellow employees.
- Prepares and posts journal entries, analyzes account balances for variances, reconciles various financial transactions, general ledger balances, financial records and reports.
- Assists with year-end audits.
- Ensures data integrity, consistency, and accuracy through proper application of accounting principles.
- Assist with various financial-related reporting.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations, research transactions, and maintain record of outstanding check balances.
- Accounts Payable backup when needed, including timely and accurate processing of invoices, including but not limited to reconciling vendor statements, entering invoices, establishing new vendors, obtaining proper approvals and processing payments timely.
- Assists with weekly deposits as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient and employee information, including full compliance with HIPAA.
- Assists with quarterly grant reporting.
- Compile and ensure accuracy of monthly facility statistics for the Hospital Authority Board packets.
- Maintain capital asset and depreciation schedules.
- Is expected to respond to the hospital, if requested, to assist in the event of an emergency or if the hospital activates its emergency management plan.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of essential functions for the job described, but rather a general description of some of the responsibilities necessary to carry out the duties of this position.
Associates degree in a business-related field required or equivalent experience totaling four years of progressive responsibility in accounting or a combination of accounting and AP positions. Bachelor’s degree in a business related field preferred.
Experience in healthcare preferred. Preference given to experience in Long Term Care facilities and Critical Access Hospitals.
Requires excellent oral and written English communication skills. Requires proficiency and accuracy with Microsoft Excel with advanced spreadsheet skills, Word and Power Point helpful. Requires proficient data entry skills and proven ability to utilize financial software applications. Knowledge of accounting terminology, principles and procedures. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Have the ability to be tactful and polite with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, and the general public.
Upon date of Hire:
- Current Negative TB Test
- Ability to Pass a DHSS Criminal History Check and Drug Test
- Must be current in all immunizations
- Flu immunization required annually
- At CCMC we provide Full Benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision.
- Wellness center (Bidarki and Bob Korn Pool) family discount.
- A generous PTO package – 200 hours your first year, 9 paid holidays
- State of Alaska PERS retirement plan with employer contribution.
- CCMC is proud to support our staff by offering to eligible employees Continuing Education Stipend and Student Loan Repayment for qualified accreditation institutions.
- CCMC is a public service loan forgiveness eligible site.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CCMC shall seek to insure and provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.
Ready to be a part of a great team?
A career at Cordova Community Medical Center (CCMC) may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
CCMC employees benefit package includes the Alaska Public Employee Retirement System (PERS), Annual and Sick leave accrual, Group Health Insurance, Life Insurance and nine paid holidays.