Job Title: Registration Clerk
Status: Full Time
Supervisor: Clinic Office Manager
Pay Grade: DOE
Under the direction of the Clinic Office Manager or CNO, this position performs all office procedures including patient registrations, assists supervisor as needed, and completes other tasks as assigned. The Registration Clerk has no supervising responsibility.
- Must be organized and able to manage a busy office environment including prioritizing tasks to best meet the needs of patients and staff.
- Must be able to answer busy phone lines, redirect calls as needed, and take clear, detailed messages.
- Must be able to make patient appointments based on policy and patient needs, and manage the schedule for the nurses and providers.
- Must be Customer Service focused, answer calls and questions as needed, and provide a positive first impression of the clinic and hospital.
- Obtains authorization for services and updates as needed.
- Maintains patient records, helps with referrals, and organizes Medicaid travel.
- Collects payment from patients.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of patient, staff and agency information.
- Interacts with patients, visitors, department heads, and staff.
- Performs general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, copying, faxing, and emailing.
- Represents the facility and participates in meetings as required.
- Assures that an adequate supply of administrative supplies and equipment are on hand to meet the day-to-day operational needs of the department.
- Is expected to respond to the hospital, if requested, to assist in the event of an emergency or if the hospital activates its emergency management plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of essential functions for the job described, but rather a general description of some of the responsibilities necessary to carry out the duties of this position.
Minimum: High School Diploma
Minimum one (1) year office/billing assistant experience. Microsoft Suite experience preferred. Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management and organization. Ability to work well alone and as part of a team.
Computer literate, ability to type, operate multi-line phones, and have excellent communication skills. Must be able to work and be tactful and polite with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, and the general public. Must be able to maintain confidentiality of hospital and employee information.
Upon date of Hire:
- Current Negative TB Test
- Ability to Pass a DHSS Criminal History Check and Drug Test
- Must be current in all immunizations
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CCMC shall seek to insure and provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.
Ready to be a part of a great team?
A career at Cordova Community Medical Center (CCMC) may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
CCMC employees benefit package includes the Alaska Public Employee Retirement System (PERS), Annual and Sick leave accrual, Group Health Insurance, Life Insurance and nine paid holidays.
To apply for one of our open positions, you can contact our Human Resources Coordinator by phone at 907-424-8221 or email.
Apply online or download a Printable Employment Application.