Job Title: Physician
Supervisor: Medical Director
Pay Grade: DOE
Department/Division: Emergency Dept, Primary Care Clinic
Cordova Community Medical Center is looking for a Board-certified Family Medicine physician. Physician will provide care in critical access hospital for patients in the emergency room, long term care, inpatient, swing-bed, and provide full-spectrum primary care. This position is a mix of outpatient and inpatient responsibilities with an average inpatient census of 1-2. Emergency room call coverage is shared between provider group and locums. Physician must have experience in emergency room care and have ATLS, ACLS and PALS.
Additionally, we are looking for a responsible Physician to provide high quality medical care by examining patients and treating diseases. You will undertake tasks aiming for prevention and promotion of healthy habits. The job is one of the most demanding, but also most rewarding professions. A great physician is a highly qualified professional and a compassionate individual. You must be very knowledgeable in regard to diseases, epidemiology and other medical conditions so you can interpret symptoms and diagnose conditions. The job can be demanding so a great deal of patience and physical endurance is required.
The primary purpose of your job position is to plan, organize, develop, and care for patients in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, and as may be directed by the administrator, to assure the highest degree of quality patient care can be maintained at all times.
- Conduct routine check-ups to patients to assess their health condition and discover possible issues
- Give appropriate advice for healthy habits (diet, hygiene ) and preventative actions to promote overall health
- Conduct examinations to ill patients and evaluate symptoms to determine their condition
- Ask intuitive questions to discover causes of illness
- Reach an informed diagnosis based on scientific knowledge and the patient’s medical history
- Prescribe and interpret lab tests to obtain more information for underlying infections or abnormalities
- Prescribe medications or drugs and provide comprehensive instructions for administration
- Collaborate with other physicians, physician assistants and nurses to form a high performing medical team
- Examine and provide treatments to injuries and refer patients to other physicians when needed (ophthalmologists, orthopedists, neurologists etc.)
- Keep records of patients’ diseases, operations or other significant information (e.g. allergic episodes)
- Cultivate a climate of trust and compassion for patients
- Remain up-to-speed with developments and best practices in medicine by attending conferences and seminars
The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of essential functions for the job described, but rather a general description of some of the responsibilities necessary to carry out the duties of this position.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS
- Proven experience as a physician
- Strong understanding of examination methodologies and diagnostics
- Excellent knowledge of infectious diseases, their symptoms and epidemiology
- Broad knowledge of common medication, side effects and contraindications
- In-depth knowledge of legal medical guidelines and medicine best practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Respect for patient’s confidentiality
- Compassionate and approachable
- Responsible and trustworthy
Must possess, as a minimum, Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) or Doctor of Osteopath (DO) and valid license to practice the profession
Minimum, two (2) years experience
Must possess a valid, current Alaska license and in Good Standing with the Medical Board. Must be able to read, write and speak the English language. Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action. Have the ability to be tactful and polite with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, and the general public. Must possess leadership and the willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel. Ability to plan, organizes, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc., Maintaining care and use of supplies, equipment, etc. Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle patients based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning at. Possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices. Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday. Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position. Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility. Must be able to lift patients, medical equipment, supplies, etc.
Upon date of Hire:
- Current Negative TB Test
- Ability to Pass a DHSS Criminal History Check and Drug Test
- Must be current in all immunizations
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CCMC shall seek to insure and provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital
Ready to be a part of a great team?
A career at Cordova Community Medical Center (CCMC) may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
CCMC employees benefit package includes the Alaska Public Employee Retirement System (PERS), Annual and Sick leave accrual, Group Health Insurance, Life Insurance and nine paid holidays.