Job Title: Patient Accounts Specialist
Status: Full Time
Pay Grade: $50,000 – $60,000
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Patient Accounts Specialist is responsible for patient registration, insurance verification, updating the electronic health record with current patient financial and medical insurance benefit information and other hospital business functions, as assigned. Has no supervisory responsibility.
- Complete insurance verifications for patients at CCMC.
- Verify that daily admit/discharge/transfer/leaves information is accurate for billing.
- Acts as a liason between the unit clerks and the billing office.
- Collections of self-pay accounts receivable.
- Initiate payment plans.
- Ensure statements are mailed in a timely manner.
- Answer incoming phone calls and route to the appropriate departments.
- Back up for clinic receptionist.
- Prepare all deposits for the bank.
- Medical records projects as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient and employee information.
- Represent the business office with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Is expected to respond to the hospital, if requested, to assist in the event of an emergency or if the hospital activates its emergency management plan.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of essential functions for the job described, but rather a general description of some of the responsibilities necessary to carry out the duties of this position.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
At least three (3) years office experience preferred, one (1) year medical billing and/or collections preferred.
Team player who can collaborate and communicate well with both patients and coworkers. Strong analytical, business and organization skills.
Upon date of Hire:
- Current Negative TB Test
- Ability to Pass a DHSS Criminal History Check and Drug Test
- Must be current in all immunizations
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CCMC shall seek to insure and provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.
Ready to be a part of a great team?
A career at Cordova Community Medical Center (CCMC) may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
CCMC employees benefit package includes the Alaska Public Employee Retirement System (PERS), Annual and Sick leave accrual, Group Health Insurance, Life Insurance and nine paid holidays.