Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Status: Full Time
Supervisor: Facilities Manager
Pay Grade: DOE
Under the direction of the Facilities Manager, this position requires the ability to maintain all property and equipment of the Cordova Community Medical Center to a good and ready condition in accordance to State and Federal Health Care Facility and Life Safety codes, as well as the policies and procedures of Cordova Community Medical Center. As the Maintenance Technician you are delegated the responsibility and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with the medical profession and other health related facilities and organizations.
- Perform daily inspections of the heating system, air handlers, hot water system, and circulation pumps.
- Perform a complete walk around inspection of the entire facility looking for any lights that need replacing and any other damage to the building that will need to be repaired.
- Responsible for disposal of all biohazard material.
- Complete written reports and records of necessary equipment.
- Assist in fire safety and the security of the hospital and the people within.
- Make repairs as assigned by your supervisor.
- Participate in programs designed for in-service education, on the job training and orientation process.
- Comply with established safety precautions at all times.
- Maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of assigned areas.
- Perform fire drills, fire safety education and meetings
- Able to perform generator testing, mowing the lawn, brush cutting, and plowing snow
- Must be able lift a minimum of 50lbs, work odd hours when needed to complete projects, and be on rotation of being on-call.
- Is expected to respond to the hospital, if requested, to assist in the event of an emergency or if the hospital activates its emergency management plan.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of essential functions for the job described, but rather a general description of some of the responsibilities necessary to carry out the duties of this position.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
Basic knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, heating, and electrical is preferred.
Must have the initiative to carry out assigned tasks with/without constant supervision. Must be able to read, write and speak the English language. Must be mechanically inclined. Must be organized. Must have at minimum basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include Excel. Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action. Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public. Must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age. Have the ability to interpret policies and procedures. Must be physically able to perform the listed duties satisfactorily. Must be able to follow direction well.
Upon date of Hire:
- Current Negative TB Test
- Ability to Pass a DHSS Criminal History Check and Drug Test
- Must be current in all immunizations
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CCMC shall seek to insure and provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.
Ready to be a part of a great team?
A career at Cordova Community Medical Center (CCMC) may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
CCMC employees benefit package includes the Alaska Public Employee Retirement System (PERS), Annual and Sick leave accrual, Group Health Insurance, Life Insurance and nine paid holidays.
To apply for one of our open positions, you can contact our Human Resources Coordinator by phone at 907-424-8221 or email.
Apply online or download a Printable Employment Application.