Job Title: Environmental Services/Housekeeping
Supervisor: Facilities Manager
Pay Grade: DOE
Under the direction of the Director of Support Services, this position requires the ability to clean and service wards, rooms, baths, laboratories, kitchen and dining rooms, mental health clinic and offices. The Environmental Services/Housekeeper has no supervising responsibility.
- Sweep and mop all floors, dust furniture and equipment, clean window sills, wash windows and empty trash baskets.
- Clean sinks, mirrors and other fixtures, polish brass, and clean and polish glass panels in doors and partitions.
- Clean and disinfect bathroom fixtures.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of utility storage rooms. Restock cleaning carts.
- Ensure sanitary and safe hospital facilities.
- Be able to fill in Laundry position when needed.
- Is expected to respond to the hospital, if requested, to assist in the event of an emergency or ifthe hospital activates its emergency management plan.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of essential functions for the job described, but rather a general description of some of the responsibilities necessary to carry out the duties of this position.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Housekeeping experience required.
Able to use common house-cleaning supplies and equipment. Able to understand and follow both written and oral instructions related to the use of housekeeping supplies and the operation of housekeeping equipment. Must be able to work with minimum supervision. Able to lift, pull, and push equipment and supplies in excess of 50 pounds.
Upon date of Hire:
- Current Negative TB Test
- Ability to Pass a DHSS Criminal History Check and Drug Test
- Must be current in all immunizations
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, PERS, Life Insurance, and PTO after successful completion of the Introductory Period.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CCMC shall seek to insure and provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital
Ready to be a part of a great team?
A career at Cordova Community Medical Center (CCMC) may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
CCMC employees benefit package includes the Alaska Public Employee Retirement System (PERS), Annual and Sick leave accrual, Group Health Insurance, Life Insurance and nine paid holidays.