Job Title: Direct Service Provider
Supervisor: Behavioral Health Program Manager
Pay Grade: DOE
Department/Division: Sound Alternatives
Under the direction of the DD Program Coordinator, this position’s primary duty is the safety of the individual. In addition to safety, the provider will assist the individual in daily activities as noted in the Habilitation Plan.
- Develop and maintain a positive and collaborative working relationship with the person receiving support as well as other team members
- Assess strengths and needs ongoing and adjust support in response
- Empower the individual to plan for his/her services, both day-to-day as well as long-term goals
- Provide emotional and physical support. Support may include assistance with routine personal care such as bathing, dressing or personal hygiene.
- Assist the individual to maintain a safe environment inside and outside of his/her home
- Promote health and wellness
- Support problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Prevent and intervene in crisis
- Teach skills as determined by the individual and outlined in the plan of care
- Assist with community engagement and creating relationships with others
- Support self-advocacy
- Individualize support based on the person’s preferences and choices
- Document services according to agency requirements
- Behave professionally and ethically
- Maintain confidentiality in keeping with agency policy and procedures
- Become familiar with and adhere to the policies, procedures and protocols of Cordova Community Medical Center.
The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of essential functions for the job described, but rather a general description of some of the responsibilities necessary to carry out the duties of this position.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Two years post secondary education in human services, preferred.
Previous experience working with children with disabilities preferred.
Must be 16 years of age.
Upon date of Hire:
- Current Negative TB Test
- Ability to Pass a DHSS Criminal History Check and Drug Test
- Must be current in all immunizations
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CCMC shall seek to insure and provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.
Ready to be a part of a great team?
A career at Cordova Community Medical Center (CCMC) may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
CCMC employees benefit package includes the Alaska Public Employee Retirement System (PERS), Annual and Sick leave accrual, Group Health Insurance, Life Insurance and nine paid holidays.
To apply for one of our open positions, you can contact our Human Resources Coordinator by phone at 907-424-8221 or email.
Apply online or download a Printable Employment Application.