Job Title: Cook
Status: Full Time
Pay Grade: $20.00 – $24.00 per hour
Under the direction of the CEO, this position requires the ability to prepare food in accordance with current applicable Federal, State, and Local standards, guidelines and regulations, our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the CDM and/or CEO, to assure that quality food service is provided. The Cook has no supervising responsibility.
- Review menus prior to preparation of food.
- Inspect special diet trays to assure they are correct.
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submitting
to the CDM.
- Coordinate dietary service with other departments as necessary.
- Work with the facility’s dietician as necessary and implement recommended changes as required.
- Assure that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
- Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be accomplished.
- Assume the authority, responsibility and accountability of Cook.
- Assure that menus are maintained and filed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assist in establishing food service production line, etc., to assure that meals are prepared on time.
- Assure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available.
- Assist in inventorying and storing in-coming food, supplies, etc., as necessary.
- Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established policies.
- Wear protective clothing and equipment when handling infectious waste and/or blood/body fluids.
- Make only authorized substitutions.
- Assist in food preparation for special meals for parties, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
One year experience in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility, or other related medical facility preferred (but not necessary).
To be able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities. To be able to read, write and speak the English language in an understandable manner. To possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action. To possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government
agencies/personnel and the general public. To be knowledgeable in dietary procedure, as well as related laws, regulations and guidelines pertaining to hospital and nursing home operations. Possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional personnel. To be able to follow oral and written instructions. To be able to maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, appearance or work areas, regular inspection of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety and performance of assigned duties. Have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently at. Have the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing dietary practices.
Upon date of Hire:
- Current Negative TB Test
- Ability to Pass a DHSS Criminal History Check and Drug Test
- Must be current in all immunizations
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CCMC shall seek to insure and provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.
Ready to be a part of a great team?
A career at Cordova Community Medical Center (CCMC) may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
CCMC employees benefit package includes the Alaska Public Employee Retirement System (PERS), Annual and Sick leave accrual, Group Health Insurance, Life Insurance and nine paid holidays.